Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Don't be a dead fish

I’ve never really gone with the flow...

During the dark years of my addiction/mental illness I was in a constant state of inner turmoil because I never felt at peace. I was striving and striving to try and get better (or die) in my own strength and I always fell flat on my face. Doing things my way always brings chaos, confusion and discontentment. And consequently, separates me from God and His ways.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
-Romans 12:2 | NKJV

Doing things God’s way and against the ways of the world is sometimes very difficult... like we’re swimming upstream in an ocean of wavering and weary people who live only for themselves.

The Good News is that Jesus has overcome the world! And He lives within us so we also can overcome. On days where it’s extra hard to go against the flow of the world, He carries us through the overwhelming waves and pressures.

When we don’t conform and when we renew our minds, THEN we will be able to discern God’s will for our lives!

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were DEAD in trespasses, made us ALIVE together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus...
-Ephesians 2:4-6 | NKJV



No comments:

Post a Comment