Sunday, July 15, 2012

Open door

Some shut while others morph Into different doorways than i knew before They swing back and forth While i decide what to live for. Past doorways of crack and smack Two by fours of memories, stinging Finally shut that door- don't look back Inside my head, my ears are ringing. This rusted nail of molded metal Pounds into my confidence These doors are made to push our pedals All my pride is smoked like incense. A cross with blood And an empty tomb Redemption floods Into my heart- I'm not doomed. No door i can open Without love This entry has no hope Without love Narrow is the door that leads to eternal life Wide and massive is the way that leads to destruction What way is right? What door has perfect construction? The door i walk through today Has no mind tricks or xanax sticks It's open and waiting For all who will choose it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for expressing your self so well. It blessed me.

    ReplyDelete