Monday, August 12, 2013

back from africa

IDENTITY
Romans 8:14-15 New Living Translation (NLT)
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”

* I could write about all the difficulty of the 3rd world, the bugs, the food, the hateful muslims, the danger, etc, etc… but there’s a truth I received this summer- a revelation on identity. *

Biggest difference I saw between the village children and the Iris(adopted) children wasn’t their clothing and attire- although that was quite different. But the biggest difference was their behavior: - Orphans beg, steal, manipulate, are hungry and depressed - Orphans are fearful slaves - Adopted children give, love, are well- fed and content - Adopted children are free *

Our identity is crucial in our walk with God and understanding of who exactly He is * If we believe we are unloved and worthless then we will certainly act that way *

One night I was staring at the stars and just talking with God… I asked Him what I could do for Him, what He wanted from me, what I could do, etc… He told me, “Mariah, you’re not a prostitute anymore, stop asking me what you can do for Me, stop selling yourself to me.” I was taken aback… then He said to me, “tell me what I can do for you? What do you want Me to do for you?” I immediately received what He spoke to me with love, and quickly thought about what He said like a corrected daughter would. So I asked Him for a shooting star. I was second guessing whether that was God speaking that to me or not- so I wanted the shooting star also as a confirmation and a secret love gift to me from my Father. About 30 seconds later there goes the shooting star… :)

* God does not want, need or require anything from us. Nothing. There is nothing we can do or say to be more or less loved. * What do you believe about yourself? Who do you believe you are? * What you believe about yourself will come out in your behavior… God wants you to walk in your true identity. He wants to adopt us and become our ‘abba father’ our ‘poppa’ … and to experience the life of a happy, free child of God… rescued and saved into the most loving family that exists:)

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing experience, thank you for sharing such a beautiful post! I love how God gave you a shooting star....so powerful! <3

    ReplyDelete