Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Past, Present, Future


Ebenezer
“Thus far the Lord has helped us.”
- 1 Samuel 7:11-13

1.     God has been with me my whole life
2.     This is a proven fact- because I am still alive
3.     My past does not determine my future, nor does it determine who I am
4.     Thus far the Lord has helped me.  He has brought me through
5.     My past sins have been blotted out- I have been forgiven J

Emmanuel
“God is with us”
- Matthew 1:23

1.     He is with me now
2.     Today I can function as a productive member of society
3.     Today I can work and live without drugs.  Today I am only a slave to Christ.
4.     God has brought healing to my mind
5.     My present sins have been blotted out- I am forgiven J

Maranatha
“Come, O Lord”
- 1 Corinthians 16:22

1.     My desire to be with the Lord grows stronger everyday
2.     He has given me eternal life- my salvation assures this hope
3.     When will you come back, God… and rescue your people?
4.     God has promised me a future.  A good one.
5.     My future sins have been blotted out- I will be forgiven J

No comments:

Post a Comment