Tuesday, February 8, 2011

never stop working on self

so i have decided to see the counselor here. i need healing in more areas... apparently just because i am saved and baptized does not mean that i am perfect. and i have received great wisdom concerning self-
MY WHOLE LIFE i will be working towards Christs' perfection.

there WILL NOT be a moment where i say, 'i am fine. and i no longer need Jesus.'

anyways- i am seeing the counselor because my counting is getting worse.
and also- i have been having some bad memories pop back into my head.

i trust that this is just another valley i am in, and that my God will rescue me from obsessions and my abnormal thought life.

i am pleased to say how weak i am- then Christs power is made manifest in me! you see- the more i admit my weakness and faults, the more i express my need and dependance on Jesus. and the more He is glorified. and the more i am NOT! i am glad that i do not have to pretend i am something great. i am anything but great.

Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, and I enjoyed your post. I'm wondering if you could benefit from EMDR,...my son is going through this therapy treatment and it's really helping him to feel better. He's been through some traumatic events, and it's going to be used to help heal the effect of them. If you google it, you'll find info. on it. It's very legit and backed up by research. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have a counting issue also...i have no idea what makes me do it and have often thought I'm probably the only person that does this..well now I know I'm not the only person that does it but still would like to know why I do it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's very important to be spiritual and to seek counseling, but have you also considered nutritional therapy? I have been reading the book "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross, and she explains how issues with brain chemistry can cause obsessions (such as counting). It may be due to a lack of serotonin, and this imbalance can be corrected by taking amino acid supplements such as 5-HTP or l-tryptophan. It's important that you don't take too many if you are already on any sort of SSRI or MAOI though. I recommend reading the book, and I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete