Wednesday, September 8, 2010

self image

ever since i started ballet when i was 6,
i started to scan and analyze my body way too much.
i compared my body to other girls' and thought i should
slim down.

i have never been overweight.
just in my mind i have.

i began throwing up my food when i was about 13 or 14.
i taught the other girls in my performing arts school how to do it.
my obsession with my weight comes and goes
nowadays...

i no longer throw up my food,
but the thought of this extra fat on my body creeps in my mind sometimes.

its a distraction from growing closer to God,
i know it is.
so i just try really hard to keep the scriptures going in my head and flowing out of
my mouth all day.

this too will pass.

...just something im struggling with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment