Friday, July 30, 2010

NUMBERS

i have this problem with counting. my obsession is to count letters that i see on the tv, in books, on the computer... wherever. i also count various patterns of lines and shapes that i see in my environment. the book of numbers is perfect for today, since my mind is on counting.
so anyways,
Numbers 23:19(NLT)- God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?

i always imagine what God looks like... and my attempts at figuring that out have failed me.
when i picture God, i imagine a see-through blue-ish colored huge hand on my head....and thats the closest ive come to visibly seeing God.
to be human is a disadvantage because we are made of flesh and flesh is sinful and full of pride.
because God is God, and we are human, we cannot possibly know what God is thinking, or what his mighty plan is specifically.
BUT- through prayer and listening to the spirit within, he will speak to us.
he also speaks to us through other people and situations that cause us to dive deeper into our relationship with Jesus.
in the word, are many promises God gives us, and so far- the promises ive read and digested have come true and he is so steady.
his love for us never fails...and i cant possibly 'count' how many times ive failed him.

2 comments:

  1. There is another cool scripture that I also can't seem to forget and that is Psalms 103:12 about God casting our sin as far as the east is from the west...so I guess the message is that forgiveness is pretty powerful and complete! Great news for sinners:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite promise this week...There will be no more pain!! I think from Rev 21:4 remebering that helps me get through the emotional and physical pain in this life!

    ReplyDelete