Saturday, November 13, 2010

shower me

There were so many times when I would wish for a hot
Shower.
I was always running from or to a different place and I
Would go days without showering.

During my bouts of spontaneous sobriety,
The detox's and pyschwards that I frequented would
Provide showers...
And all the products to go with it!

I remember always taking longer than the time allowed...
The nurses or other patients would have to tell me to get
Out.
But I loved showers because I felt a little cleaner when I
Got out.

And I was always so dirty.

You know how when you were little and not feeling good,
Or upset about something and a nice hot bath
Seemed to take care of all your worries?

There is some emotional and physiological benefit to
Washing yourself clean.

Now when I take a shower it is a symbol of a deeper
Clean.

And I am grateful to be clean today.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post!!! You wrote it very well!!! It really is wonderful to become clean . . . and surrendering are life over to our Lord Jesus Christ, certainly has . . . made us clean!!!

    God Bless you!!!

    Your brother in Christ!!!

    Lon

    ReplyDelete