Monday, August 9, 2010

Matthew

Matthew 11:28-29

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find
REST FOR YOUR SOULS."

i always wondered what yoke meant.
yoke = to assist humans in carrying heavy or awkward burdens.

how great that is...
to know that we are not alone in carrying our heavy burdens.

no matter how heavy life can be sometimes,
and the worries that flood my mind-
i know that Gods power is so great that he wants to help pull
me along.

i dont always have to do everything by myself and i can rest
my soul.

constantly running after heroin and cocaine,
made it impossible for my soul to rest.
i had to be on gaurd at all times...
slept with one eye open and

one hand on my stash in anticipation that someone might
try to take it from me.

when i get weary now, i just look back at how weary i really
used to be and i cant help but shout

THANK YOU JESUS!!!
MY SOUL FINDS REST IN YOU ALONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment